Fun was had by all at the 2010 Shoes Presentation last Saturday night, with the crowning of the new Open, Junior and SuperGroms champions.
More than 80 members and their families gathered at the South Cronulla Bowling Club for the occasion.
Stars of the night were titleholders Jarrod Horner, Jesse Horner and Nathan Martin.
Jarrod scored a new KJN Surfboard for topping the Open rankings; Jesse picked up vouchers from Pure Sea Surf Shop plus Skullcandy headphones for his Junior triumph; while No 1 SuperGrom Nathan won 10 high performance surfing lessons.
The Top six placegetters in each division also selected from a terrific range of surf products provided by Cronulla Surf Design.
Special Awards were presented to:
John Murray – 2010 Patron Sponsor
Paul Martin – Ron Inman Memorial Contribution Award
Andrew Petoumenos – Encouragement Award (PCC Surfboard)
The night featured a fantastic gallery of photos from all 10 events held in 2010, taken by Leah Maclean; and two DVDs by Paul Byers portraying all the action from the various pointscores.
The evening also honoured the long list of sponsors and supporters of Shoes during season 2010.
Northies, WJ Partners, PCC Surfboards, KJN Surfboards, Puresea Surf Shop, Cronulla Surf Design, Gando Signs, Leo Payne Sausage King and Greg Ferrow Plumbing.
The annual Ron Inman Memorial Teams Showdown is on this weekend.
- Competitors broken into four Teams – Red, White, Yellow and Blue.
- Four surfers per heat. Three waves per surfer.
- One Double Whammy per rider.
- 5 extra points per surfer for returning to the beach before the heat time finishes
- Surfers can ride whatever board they like. There is NO Drop-in Rule.
- $20 per entry – with all funds raised going to the NSW Cancer Council.
- Cronulla Cinema Tickets plus Pure Sea Surf Shop Vouchers and T-shirts, plus surfwear from Cronulla Surf Design for best performances!
The Ron Inman is open to EVERYONE, so feel free to invite friends and family to take part.
The more surfers, the more money that goes to the Cancer Council! And the more fun we have.