Shoes Club is in good shape and ready for an exciting year of surfing action and consolidation of the way the Club operates.
The Annual General Meeting held on 18 January produced the following results and initiatives:
1. The Club is financially secure
2. Membership fees remain the same for the third year in a row – $50 for Open and Juniors and $30 for Grommets
3. A new FAMILY MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE allows members of the same immediate family to pay no more than $100 – regardless of how many adults and children sign-up
4. A change to the competition rules means heat results will now be based on BEST TWO RIDES NOT THREE AS IN 2014
5. The Over 40s Championship will see the Top Three placegetters rewarded with trophies at the Presentation Night
6. The Club will hold a free mid-season barbecue in Oak Park that will bring together members and their families to celebrate the club’s 43rd year. The function will also be reaching out to PAST MEMBERS to join in.
7. After 19 years of service, John Hvass has stood down as Secretary-Treasurer. John is a LIFE Member of the club and will look to compete more often.
8. A new Secretary-Treasurer is now being sought from among long standing members. If you are interested in taking up the position, please contact Sid Cassidy on 0419 202317
9. The existing Club Committee of John Murray, Pete Greig, Greg Ferrow and John Bonello were re-elected unopposed.
10. Mark Campbell continues as Vice-President and Sid Cassidy as President
11. Leah Maclean continues as our master of the website
12. The calendar of event dates has been put together and will be posted on the website in the coming weeks. As will the 2015 Membership Form.
13. REMEMBER, ONLY PAID-UP MEMBERS WHO HAVE PROVIDED A SIGNED MEMBERSHIP FORM CAN COMPETE.
14. The Opening event of the year is on the weekend of 7-8 February