The Club’s 2018 Annual General Meeting was a solid affair with plenty of open discussion and helpful ideas that will help make Season 2019 (the Club’s 47th) even better.
The Board agreed the contest system put into effect in 2018 worked very well, and will be maintained for the coming new season.
- There will be a continuation of the three divisional contest framework across Juniors, Open and Masters
- Membership fees are: Under 18s $40; Over 18s $70; Family 1 (3 Juniors) $90; Family 2 (3 Members) $120
- The first contest of the new year is scheduled for February 9-10, with the back-up date 16-17
- The next Battle of the Reefs tournament will be held at THE POINT with a recommended new date of July (subject to The Point agreement)
- Sid Cassidy was re-elected President; Carol Gillespie was re-elected as Secretary-Treasurer
- Committee Members for 2019 are:Guy Turner, Matty Cook, Greg Ferrow, John Bonello and Bret Daintry
- The Club recognised and formally thanked the great support and inputs of: Ian Macca McDonald, John Hvass, Carol Gillespie, Leah Maclean
- The Club paid homage to the Club’s Patron for Life, the late and great Dr John Murray
- The Executive also praised and thanked the great support of key sponsors: Karan Murray, PCC Surfboards, Triple Bull, Tengirri Surf Charters, Surf Trading Company, Cronulla McGarth Real Estate
- The contest schedule for 2019 has been posted on the Shoes Website