The Club’s recent Annual General Meeting – held on 14 December was a very instructive and productive get together.
Discussions concentrated on how the Club can improve:
- Monthly Contest structure – timing, dates, look and feel, judging prowess, more colourful site banners, sausage sizzles.
- Generate new Sponsorships and confirm roll-overs of existing support providers – Karan Murray, McGrath Real Estate, etc etc.
- Introduction of new tournament Rashies.
- Improve the look, feel and roll-out of each Pavilion contest, including the introduction of exciting ”Double Shot” comps to give members more scope for advancing.
- The first comp of the year is set for 8-9 February, with the back-up date of 15-16
Please note: as per previous event schedules, the contest dates are subject to change.
Our preference would be to submit all member forms electronically (save paper guys) and we’d like to receive all fees by EFT easier than handling cash on the day.
Member fees for early bird registrations are unchanged from 2019, but please note that this rate is only for fees paid before Monday 3rdst February 2020.
Families fees are: $120.00
Over 18’s (over 18 on the 1st January 2020) are $80.00
Under 18’s (under 18 on the 1st January 2020) are $40.00
Please note: Fees paid after Monday 3rd February 2020 are as follows
Over 18’s (over 18 on the 1st January 2020) $90.00
Under 18’s (under 18 on the 1st January 2020) $45.00
Please make sure to pay by EFT and record your receipt number on your member form and use your first initial and surname as reference on your EFT so we know who has paid.
After you have paid, please submit your member application form by scanning and emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carol Gillespie has stepped down as Financial Manager. Carol has held the position for four years and done a terrific job of ensuring the club is solvent and meets all the necessary operational demands and commands. A Big Thanks Carol!! Aaron Girgis has taken over the reins working closely with Secretary/Contest Director Guy Turner.
- Membership forms for season 2020 are now available on the Shoes official website.
- The old contest rashies have been put into the recycling bin and replaced by a great set of new rashies organised through Marcus at Surf Trading Company.
- Karan Murray has indicated she will be a major sponsor for the club in 2020, and Mel Hatheier has committed McGrath Real Estate to a sponsorship connection.
- Aaron and Guy are also working hard to lure new sponsors.
- Matty Cook lead a strong discussion on ways and means of ensuring our young members stay connected to Shoes. Matty argued that other Cronulla Clubs are offering Grommets a better surfing experience and a potential springboard to professional competition. There was solid discussion on what ways and means we could introduce incentives to ensure our youngsters maintain their commitment to the grand Pavilion.
- Discussion was also had on endeavouring we have a sausage barbecue at each contest to help add to the allure of the Shoes scene.
- It would also pave the way for introducing Raffle Tickets that would see participating members given prizes, while at the same time monies raised would help the club’s financial position.
- Reno Gillespie introduced discussion on the Club investigating a new topline recognition award that would link directly to the existing annual regime of Life Membership. Reno put forward a proposal to introduce a “Club Fellow” denomination that would help more formally acknowledge the inputs of members. Names can be put forward in season 2020 that would see the inaugural allocation to a member.
- The meeting voted on the Club’s Executive for 2020. Syd Cassidy is President; Guy Turner is Secretary/Contest Director; Aaron Girgis is Treasurer and Sponsorship Manager. Matty Cook is Deputy Contest Director and Innovation Manager along with Brett Dantry. Committee members are Greg Ferrow, John Bonello, Chris Durante; Marty Shipley and Neil Coleman.