A range of decisions and appointments were made and good debate had at the Club’s recent Annual General Meeting (held on 23 January at South Cronulla Bowling Club).
Here’s the lowdown:
- The Club finished 2009 in the black (the Income and Expenditure Statement is available on request).
- The preliminary 2010 Contest Schedule, as approved by Council, was signed-off (see website for all details).
- The Membership Fee for the Open Division for this year is $50. The Fee for Juniors and SuperGroms remains at $30. (Download 2010 Membership form here)
- New Sponsorship offers have been negotiated with Dr John Murray, Northies, Willett and Johnston Accountants, KJN Surfboards, PCC Surfboards.
- Sponsorship monies to be utilised to improve the Club’s event equipment and infrastructure. Expenditure on items, including new sets of competition singlets; new banner, chairs for judges; shade cloth.
- Ongoing sponsorship for this year is in place from Cronulla Surf Design, Greg Ferrow Plumbing and Leo Payne the Sausage King.
- Elected for 2010 were: President (Sid Cassidy); Secretary-Treasurer (John Hvass); Vice-Presidents (Jack Horner, Mark Campbell, Greg Ferrow and Neal Coleman); Committee Members (John Murray, Tyler Barnes and Ben Boylan).
- Membership Benefits to be considered and explored: Stickers; Business Cards; Hooded Robes.
- Study the 6 through to 1 point allocation system for heat placings to ensure it is the most workable and fairest system. Leah Maclean to conduct the study.
- Explore introduction of a new championship trophy for Over 40s within the Open Division.
- Shoes to participate in this year’s Clean-Up Australia program. Neal Coleman to register club involvement and manage the project. The Clean-up Day is Sunday 7 March.
- General agreement that the Club encourage increased membership across all three divisions.