The 2014 World Title season on The Reef produced surfing that the ASP Tour can only dream about.
Yes, the swell didn’t favour us as much as it could have, meaning we again didn’t nail the full complement of 10 events. But that’s the ocean through and through. As surfers we know too well that wave conditions are under the control of other greater forces.
It’s the quality of surfing experienced during the year that was giant…the excellence that was served up by surfers across the three championship divisions.
From SuperGroms to Open, it was a year of take no prisoners wave demolition…a season that saw seasoned competitors move into another league; a season that saw the Club’s array of youngsters go off in Kelly Slater mode.
And to celebrate and toast Season 14, the Club Presentation on Saturday 29 November will fully honour the deeds done dirt cheap on the best Reef on the Planet. The Night of Nights will feature:
- Comedy from Rash Ryder (Shoes surfer from way back who is now a successful comedian on the Club circuit)
- A classic video produced by Ian Macca Macdonald that captures the grandeur of Sandshoes the place and wave mecca
- The crowning of the Top Six surfers in the Open, Juniors and SuperGroms divisions
- The crowning of the Over 40s surfer of the year
- Naming of the recipient of the Ron Inman Memorial Encouragement award
- Naming of the winner of the Service to Club award
- Naming of the Club’s next Life Member
- Wonderful smorgasbord of food
- Big thank you to our wonderful 2014 Sponsors…Dr John Murray, Only Organic Foods, Lipman Construction, Tengirri Surf Charters, WJ Partners, PCC Surfboards, Little Parrot, Cronulla Travel, STC, Puresea Surf Shop, Cronulla Surf Design, Leo Payne Sausage King
The event kicks off at 6pm…all members, family and friends invited. ENTRY FEE IS ONLY GOLD COIN
AND DON’T FORGET THE RON INMAN MEMORIAL SURFING SHOWDOWN ON 6 DECEMBER…ALL FUNDS RAISED DONATED TO CANCER COUNCIL