The Club Executive has signed-off on the schedule of contents for the 2016 season – and Feb 6-7 is the first launch pad.
Other decisions taken at the AGM included:
- Introduction of a new Over 40s Championship competition (competitors must be 41 or more as at 1 January 2016)
- A schedule of 10 contests in season 2016 (the full schedule is up on the website).
- Date of the 2016 Presentation Night is Saturday 3 December.
- Dr John Murray reaffirmed as the Club’s Patron.
- Shoes will be signing up for membership of the new Sutherland Shire Surfing Association in 2016 as part of a one year trial. All paid-up members will be affiliated with the Association, and the $3 per member membership fee will be paid by the Club.
- The Club remains financially secure (view the 2015 Financial Report).
- Membership fees for 2016 will remain the same as last year (The new membership form and fee structure is up on the website for downloading).
- Sid Cassidy was unanimously re-elected President.
- Greg Ferrow, Reno Gillespie (life member), Johnno Bonello and John Hvass (life member) were unanimously elected Vice-Presidents.
- Carol Gillespie was unanimously re-elected Secretary-Treasurer.
- Leah Maclean was unanimously reappointed Web Master.
- The Club will endeavour to stage a Back to Shoes event at Northies during the year (subject to demands of organising).
- The Club will again work to introduce a Girls Championship (subject to membership numbers).
- Once a decision has been made to run an event on the morning of scheduled date(s), the aim is to send an group SMS via Facebook.
PRESIDENT’S REPORT T0 AGM 2015 SEASON
The season just gone was a very successful one for the Club.
Successful on a range of fronts, including:
- Financial Position
- Sponsor retention
- Contest competition – quantity and quality
- Growth of SuperGromms membership
- Sustained member (and family) involvement, enthusiasm, commitment
- Acknowledgement of SBC’s history and standing at the 100 Years of Surfing in The Shire Commemoration festival
- The efforts of a core group of officials and members to ensure the wheels kept turning
- Provision of new long-sleeved Club T-shirts (courtesy of Surf Trading Company)
Special Thanks to:
- Our Secretary-Treasurer Carol Gillespie
- Website Manager Leah Maclean
- Patron Dr John Murray
- Sponsors – Dr John Murray, Only Organic, PCC Surfboards, Tina and Nicole’s Home Delivery, Surf Trading Company, Northies, Lipman Construction, Triple Bull, Puresea Surf Shop, Tengirri Surf Charters, Little Parrot, Gando Signs, Cronulla Travel
- Ian Macca Macdonald for his photos and videos
- Mums and Dads, Friends and Families